Monday, August 27, 2007

What I want out of life

I want to finish school...not for me but for everybody else. People who don't finish school in this world are seen as failures. I don't want to be seen that way, I want to be able to go into a respectable career. but a career isn't my goal.
The hardest and in my eyes the most respectable career to choose is being a good wife and full time mother. That is all I really want out of life. I don't want to be rich, have lots of material things, or so busy that everyone is impressed by the load I can carry. Most people would look at what I want and turn their nose up at me because I want the traditional role so badly. I respect good mother's so much more than people who have PHD's and make loads of money every year. Some people think that women who stay home with their children are lazy, and yes, some of them are, but the ones who put their heart and soul into their family are the most amazing people on the face of the earth. I want to be a cook, a maid, an accountant, a chouffer, a tutor, I want to be a mother.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

that's what I wanted too. I tried hard. Oh and it's chauffeur

August 29, 2007 at 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have so much respect for you wanting that. That is 100% what I want too...to be a good wife, and an even better mother. I truthfully have no interest in working, because the idea of being at work with kids at a babysitter's is heartbreaking to me. I want to be there for every possible moment of my future children's lives. So, in preparation for not winning the lottery, I work for a school. At least I'll be able to have all summers, weekends, holidays and evenings with them. I guess I'll have to learn to accept that...unless Trevor becomes RICH!!! Eh, probably not going to happen as a band director, huh?

September 4, 2007 at 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, last one was from me, I forgot to mark it!

-Val

September 4, 2007 at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home