Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In case you were wondering why I copied and pasted that article, here ya go..

I'm about to go get my jaw splints in a couple hours, I shouldn't have to have them, my orthodontist that caused this should be paying for them. I am extremely afraid of anything having to do with my teeth because of the orthodontist that spent almost 5 years torturing me and ultimately making me think all the pain i've been in for over 7 years was completely normal. the assistant to the orthodontist I will be seeing said I could probably go through labor without drugs and not think much of it since I'm so used to so much pain. I went to meet the orthognathic surgeon a few weeks ago thinking it was just going to be an appointment where he looks at me and tells me what he's going to do...when they said they wanted to take impressions of my mouth I about had a panic attack. lol luckily I was also having a migraine so I had an excuse to reschedule.

So I'm about to go through 2 years of pain...after about 4-5 months of the splints (depending on how much better my jaw joint looks and when the orthodontist won't be afraid of shattering it anymore), I will be in braces for about 8 months, then I will have the surgery...

They're going to cut my upper jaw completely out of my skull (ekrjsalkfj!), take some bone out, and screw it back in. Then they're going to cut my lower jaw and move it forward and screw it back in....he's also doing chin surgery on me but I'm not sure if he's going to cut that bone too or just put an implant in.

Even though the next couple years are going to hurt A LOT I'm really hopeful that afterwards I won't be in so much pain all the time and reliant on medication just to get through the day. I'm also looking forward to looking normal. Some people wonder why I can be so withdrawn and quiet...well...I know I don't look normal at all. I've already told Christopher that after I'm all healed from the surgery I want to spend $100 on makeup...I'm going to buy lipstick that's not a natural shade! I'll finally have a pretty normal smile and people won't look at me like I'm a freak.

I think i'm most scared of being in a hospital and the risk of infection and complications. I just can't wait for it all to be over.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

i didn't know you would have that done to your upper jaw, yikes!
Your momma is praying for you and you do not nor have you ever looked like a freak. You are a very pretty girl, lady, scuse me.
I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 16, 2008 at 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home