Thursday, December 18, 2008

FINALLY

I'm getting braces today and that will start the process to my surgery...8 to 12 months until surgery. I can't wait to get this all over with. I've only been out of my splint for a week now and am already taking 4 ibuprofen almost everyday again. I found a support group online for people who are going through this process as well and i've read that some people go from being completely withdrawn and quiet to very outgoing. until I have the surgery I know I will be even more withdrawn and tired (from pain) than I am now, but I'm sooo excited for it to be over. I plan on getting a cute haircut after instead of hiding behind my tons of hair. I think i'll get my makeup done too...I won't be so ashamed to have someone look at my face. I am still so angry about all of the pain I'm in because I KNOW it wouldn't be so bad if orthodontist John Smith hadn't slowly and painfully dislocated my jaw. I want to put up a website about him letting people know what he did so that he loses patients. Am I a bad person for wanting that? I apologized to Dr. Gittess for being so panicky when I go there, I don't mean to freak out I know he feels bad for me. alright, gotta get ready to go...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Sorry I'm a bit late reading your blog! How did the braces go?

December 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Corey said...

good! they don't hurt, my jaw just hurts...so that's good. :-)

December 30, 2008 at 5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man! I really hope your recovery from that Dr. Smith's "treatment" won't be too painful for you, at least it's always good to know you're on your way to being healed.

January 1, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home