Saturday, October 13, 2007

Think for a second...

I just need to rant a little bit...

Sometimes people just don't think of what the consequences could be.

This big new story with the Eric Montanez kid feeding the homeless is ridiculous...Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with soup kitchens or even handing out a few McDonalds gift cards to the homeless, I think that's awesome...But what these people are doing is downright stupid. They're encouraging people of whom a large percentage have committed a crime (and yes I know there are some stand up people who just haven't had any luck), to gather in a setting that families with small children often visit. It's just a matter of time before fights break out, cops have to get involved, and somebody is shot or stabbed. Being the fiancee of a police officer, I don't think creating situations that could escalate in a cop being hurt in the line of duty because some kid wasn't thinking about the consequences of his actions, is right. People stand up for the homeless while sneering at the law and law enforcement officers who are treated with disrespect day in and day out and this just baffles me. People need to get their priorities in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home