Sunday, January 20, 2008

It only took me a year..


I finally got a tattoo with Hannah's name and dates. Her name and dates is actually mine, bear just traced what I had but the rest he traced from photographs, I had just done a couple of sketches to give him an idea.
The bigger rose stands for our wedding day, it will be red...that was the only thing I really wanted and spent a little extra money on at our wedding; real roses and rose petals. The other rose will be white; the rose I have from her casket was white and the rose I took to her grave on the year anniversary was white. The butterfly for me is a simple memory of her, I know alot of people were drawn to butterflies after she died because of the transformation that butterflies go through. For me though, I just remember going to her little apartment in gainesville and the only color on that whole building was her butterfly balloon in the window. She'd kept it because it looked like lungs, I always thought it was really cool. If she'd seen me getting a tattoo, she would have laughed and made fun of me so much. I thought it hurt and I still have to go back and get color :(

1 Comments:

Blogger Tricia said...

I like how your tattoo has a meaning to it and isn't just a random image from a book.

July 10, 2008 at 2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home