Thursday, January 10, 2008

Christmas, New Years, and life

I have to say I think this has been one of the best Christmas' ever. Christopher was off (I had to work Christmas Eve until 6:30 though, bleh), and we were together all day (and night) for 2 days. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at his parents house, and I realized why his Christmas budget was so high. They really go all out for Christmas. In the short time that Christopher and I have been together, his whole family has made me feel so welcome and such a part of the family. I really do realize how blessed I am to have awesome in-laws. They have been so good to me and I truly feel like part of the family. not to mention I have the best sister-in-law ever. :) New Year's Christopher had to work so I spent it with my family...you can read about that on my mom's blog.



Next, I haven't told alot of people this so I'll just get it out of the way. I quit school. I could not work and go to school anymore, I have worn myself out doing that. I don't want to go into any more debt for school since by the time I finish we will probably be starting a family. I refuse to send my children to a daycare, I want to raise my children. I didn't say straight out that I wanted to quit school, but Christopher saw how unhappy I was. It took him awhile but finally he told me that he would rather I was happy than we had the option of being pretty well off. I wasn't happy in school and I wouldn't have been happy at the job.

Since I quit school I realized it was my opportunity to get out of the hell that is retail. My last day at franklin covey was last monday, and I'm about to start a job with Petsmart as a dog bather. From what Jesse tells me, I'll have to do that for at least a couple months and then I plan on going to the school that they send you to to become a "petstylist." I know it's going to be a pretty dirty job but I'm really looking forward to it. I'll get to bring Charli along with me to work sometimes which will be fun, and according to Jesse you can make pretty good money once you become a groomer. I think it will be the perfect job for me; animals, working with my hands, animals, not having to dress up, animals, and animals. :D
And here's Charli in her "killer" hoodie :)




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 15, 2008 at 2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

January 15, 2008 at 2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your other blog comments are weird "yes your blog is up to my personal standards, I'm going to include it in my blog collection book, which will be published as a time capsule in the year 2089"

lol ne ways
I can totally see where you're going with that, I always wanted to raise my own kids as well, I'm not really raising them since I'm working now, but at least they're not in daycare either.
I also was never that interested in sacrificing family for money.

I really hope the best for you to be happy and do well in your job, it sounds like it's right up your alley. I really believe you don't have to go to college to find the jobs that's right for you. A lot of people go to college because their parents tell them to, and then when they graduate they realize they don't even like the job they just wasted between 2 and maybe even 8 years going to school for.

Plus, you always have the option to go to school later when your kids are older if you decided you wanted to, I'm sure none of the area colleges are planning on packing up and leaving any time soon :)

January 19, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home